Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Favorite Authors


I love children's books too much to limit myself or my "audience" to just Usborne Books & More. Here are some of my favorite authors not available through my book site. You can get these at the library! 
       P.D. Eastman.  
These beginning readers are classics I remember from my childhood and are still loved today. Go Dog, Go, Are you my Mother and My Nest is Best provide fun stories, rhyming and describing words that make them fun to read to your child or for beginning readers to practice their new skills. http://www.pdeastmanbooks.com


Mo Willems

I love the Elephant and Piggy books and so do my boys! They are funny and simple yet have great messages. His newest books like Cat the Cat are great first reader books. Knuffle Bunny is such a sweet story about losing something dear to us and the communication barriers between parents and their child who can't talk yet. Mo Willems' website has links to his books as well as fun game and activities for the classroom or at home: Website


Eric Carle
The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear, Brown Bear are classic books that should be on every young child's book shelf. I try to pick up one of his books, almost every time I visit the library. Children love the predictability of books like Brown Bear, Brown Bear. Many of his books feature and provide information on different animals. His artwork is appealing and fun for both children and adults.
Check out his website for other titles, print outs (like a color matching sheet) and instructions on how to create your own tissue art:
Eric Carle's Website





Audrey and Don Wood

alphabet adventureI love that the Woods write and illustrate together- husband, wife and son! I often find it difficult to find books that teach about letters and numbers in fun and engaging ways. Some of my favorites are from the Woods- Alphabet Mystery, Adventure and Rescue and Ten Little Fish.
Check out their website for other great titles like King Bidgood's in the Bathtub, activities and more:
http://www.audreywood.com



No comments:

Post a Comment